The guys release "A Different Kind Of Truth" next Tuesday (2.7). But, they've posted ANOTHER preview for the song "China Town", on Youtube.
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band hit the road in March in Atlanta. Nothing in Texas...YET. Bruce apparently WILL be a part of this years SXSW down in Austin so keep listening to Lone Star 92.5 for the latest.
The new Bruce Springsteen album - Wrecking Ball - might not be a FULL E Street band album, but some great musicians are a part of the project. Including Rage Against the Machine guitarist Tom Morello and New York singer-songwriter Willie Nile, both of whom have been frequent guests at Springsteen's shows over the past two tours.
Look for the new album on Tuesday, March 6th. We Take Care Of Our Own is the first single and was leaked last night...enjoy!!!
If the Rolling Stones DO celebrate their 50th this year with a BIG tour, there's a group of fans - The Rolling Stones Liberation Front - demanding a few things.
Here's their demands (good stuff!!):
1) WE WANT SMALLER VENUES: We believe the time has passed for gargantuan mega-arena spectaculars; hardly anything good comes from these soulless shows... The introduction of the considerably smaller B-stage set up in the middle of the venue at the end of 1994's Voodoo Lounge tour was a perfect step toward this philosophy.
2) WE WANT LOWER TICKET PRICES: We believe it is unacceptable to charge up to $350 for a single ticket... We believe a band needing to charge $85 -- $100 for upper balcony seats is a band no longer in touch with their fan base. We demand the ticket price for the next tour to be no more than $30 and without any and all service charges.
3) WE WANT A SET LIST OVERHAUL: With an immense back catalog of songs to choose from, there is no reason why The Rolling Stones need to stick to roughly the same 30 songs for every tour... We demand the following songs not to be played on the next tour: "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction," "Brown Sugar," "Honky Tonk Women," "Start Me Up," "Sympathy for the Devil."
4) WE WANT THE ELIMINATION OF THE HORN SECTION AND BACK-UP SINGERS: We believe The Rolling Stones have drifted too far from the true and basic rock and roll aesthetic. It's time to bring it back, back at least to the hugely successful 1978 Some Girls tour.
5) WE WANT THE EXPULSION OF ALL OPENING ACTS: We believe The Rolling Stones have stopped challenging themselves. There was a time when they would bring an opening band talented enough to challenge the Stones themselves, who, in turn, would have to step it up even further... How challenging can it be to follow Third Eye Blind? How challenging can it be to follow Jonny Lang or the god damn Spin Doctors?
6) WE WANT ALL FANS TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEMSELVES: We believe the fault also lies with fans willing to do the bidding of their favorite band, no matter the cost. How many suckers does it take to fill an auditorium? Ask The Rolling Stones... We urge all self-respecting Rolling Stones fans to heed our warnings and join our ranks. Don't be taken for granted... Why give them more of our money and then settle for the usual? We won't.
Get more info HERE
Details are still being formulated, but VH is set to tour this year in support of a NEW studio album - first with DLR since 1984.
Also, in the event you're in New York this Thursday, the guys announced a rare club gig with a brief set at the Cafe Wha in New York's Greenwich Village. Good luck getting a ticket!!
Bob Seger was joined on stage last night at Madison Square Garden by Bruce Springsteen - pretty cool!!
Still a FEW tickets remain for Bob's December 17th show at the AAC. Let's see...who should Bob have jump up on stage with him here in Dallas?? Hey, Don Henley, what are you doing that night??
Also, keep in mind Laura Steele has free tickets up for grabs 12.5 - 12.9 at around 12:40.